Friday 10 January 2014

365 Days - Week 2

This week wasn't the most exciting week, but it was generally a good one. My favourite day was January 9th with January 8th being a close second. So here it is, the week that was;

4th of January 2014

Today I was simply thankful to come home and go to sleep. This is my favourite place, the place I dream, the place I rest and the place I escape.


5th of January 2014

We took down all the Christmas decorations today. It's always bittersweet but I did happen to find a new place for my lamp. I really love it and it bugs me that I kept it in storage for so long.


6th of January 2014

It rained all day today. It wasn't wet enough to keep my sister and I from going to the movies though! 


7th of January 2014

9 years ago on this day, my husband and I went on our first date. We celebrated our dateaversary today. Agreeing to go out with him has been one of the best decision I've ever made.


8th of January 2014

My husband started teaching me how to play the Keyboard/Piano this week. Today I finally got through 'You are my sunshine' without making a mistake. For someone with no musical talent, I'm proud of myself.


9th of January 2014

The smell of Indian food was too tempting today, so we spent 20 minutes sitting on the grass while we waited for our order. We witnessed hundreds of Rainbow Lorikeets fly above our heads and into the trees around us. It was really beautiful.


10th of January 2014

Today I had a huge headache, so it was literally a work to bed day. It would be unprofessional to photograph my work, but here is a partial shot of some house plans I was looking at today. Boring to most, but something I see at least 3 days a week. 


I think it's important to recognise that not every day is eventful and exciting (Cough... January 10…) but the things that you do every day make up a large part of who you are. It's good to reflect on the "boring" things every once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment