Friday 23 August 2013

Why nightmares?

For the past 6 nights I've had horrible dreams ranging from 4 to 6 hours in length. Each morning I wake up scared,confused and upset.

My dreams have ranged from witnessing a murderous rampage as a bystander to attending a dry run funeral for a famous tv star whos wake ended up not having dessert due to an incompetent chef.

The most vivid nightmare was last night. I dreamed of my grandfather (he passed a way a few years ago) and he was so excited to see me. I was told that his old house was my parents neighbours house (they never lived there in reality) and the neighbours had a few items of clothing in the walls that belonged to him which they said I could have - I passed.

The worst part is the way I wake from these dreams. Some are semiconcious normal wake-up where I gently stir and wake. Others are like just opening my eyes with no transitional feeling, always makes me wonder if I've actually woken up or if it's still a dream.

It's about time I call the doctor I think. I'm not sure what he can do to help exactly, but I'm afraid that he'll just prescribe sleeping tablets and then I'll still have nightmares but they'll be harder to wake from.
Now, to try and go back to sleep or not? That is the question...

Image sourced via google

No comments:

Post a Comment