Wednesday 31 July 2013

Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures are defined as "Something one enjoys and considers pleasurable whilst also feeling guilty about enjoying said something." I think that's a little odd. If people consider something enjoyable and pleasurable, why feel bad about it? Unless you're a homicidal maniac... in which case guilt probably isn't an issue for you anyway.

 My top 5 guilty pleasures are as follows;
  1. Breakfast for 1 - I love having breakfast by myself on my days off. I'm not talking household cereal, I'm talking about lovely lavish breakfasts in cafes whilst sipping on hot chocolate and basking in my own company. Not exactly cost effective on our budget, but amazing.

  2. Reading blogs about celebrity babies - Yep. This is an embarrassing one! I love love love reading about celebrity babies. Every day I log onto the blogs and check out the details about the newest arrival and the expanding bumps of my favourite celebs. At least I'm contributing to slowing global warming... right? It's electronic.. I'm saving trees.

  3. Dancing and singing around my house or in my car when I'm alone - Is there anything better than blaring the music and dancing around while belting out the lyrics to your favourite song? Nope! Not in my opinion. I love it! I put on my socks and do my best risky business moves. I sing so loud my voice hurts and if people ever saw me do this, I'd die of embarrassment. It is however a great stress relief.

  4. Watching Couples Retreat - This move is my go to movie when I'm upset, sick or stressed. I don't really know exactly what I like about it, I just instantly feel better when I watch it.

  5. Reading trashy romantic comedy novels - There is something about ridiculous love stories in really far fetched settings that makes me really happy. When the most incompatible people fall in love with each other over their mutual love of dancing elephants... It doesn't get much better then that. My latest book involved a poor woman and a rich man who was a womaniser and suddenly turned his life around to be with her... Needless to say it ended in them divorcing and him running back to his ex girlfriend. I loved it!
I think it's important to do the things that make you happy, regardless of how silly they may seem. Life's too short to worry about the little things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment